SPANISH CHORIZO TORTILLA
This classic Spanish tortilla omelette is served topped with Chorizo and Manchego cheese for authentic flavors.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
6 tbsp olive oil, divided
1 lb potatoes, thinly sliced
1 large onion, sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 pkg (11 oz) Silva Spanish Chorizo, diced
1/2 cup grated Manchego cheese
2 green onions, thinly sliced
1. In large bowl, beat together eggs, salt and pepper; set aside. Heat 1/4 cup oil in 10-inch nonstick skillet set over medium heat; cook potatoes in 2 batches for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly golden and tender. Using slotted spoon, transfer potatoes from skillet to bowl, reserving any oil. Let cool slightly; toss with eggs.
2. Heat reserved oil in same nonstick skillet set over medium-low heat; cook onion and garlic for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden and tender. Let cool slightly; stir into potato mixture. Wipe skillet clean with paper towel; reserve skillet.
3. Heat remaining oil in reserved skillet set over medium-high heat; cook potato mixture for 2 to 3 minutes or until eggs start to set on the bottom. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are set and top is no longer runny. Run heatproof rubber spatula around edge of pan; shake skillet gently to loosen tortilla from pan.
4. Remove skillet from heat; place large plate over skillet. Wearing oven mitts, carefully invert skillet, so tortilla falls onto plate. Slide tortilla back into skillet; cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until eggs are set and bottom is lightly browned; transfer to serving plate.
5. Meanwhile, cook chorizo in separate skillet set over medium heat for 5 to 8 minutes or until browned and heated through.
6. To serve, top tortilla with chorizo, cheese and green onions.
Tip: Substitute Parmesan or aged Cheddar for Manchego cheese if desired.